Sunday, December 11, 2011

Frame clamp down / glue up...

Gluing the frame of a HWS surfboard to the bottom skin is an exciting task. I decided to do this one alone this time, so there were some additional challenges.

Anyway, I did a couple practice runs and when I felt I had it down and could clamp the frame down straight, I started marking up the inside of the deck. I drew arrows and blocks where all the frames should go and did all the sighting in of the spine/frames.

After getting the planks all marked up and preparing for the glue up, I gathered all necesities and extra necessities... Then did a nice bead of 5200 along the bottom of all the frames and then smoothed it out with a piece of wood to get a nice even and thin layer of glue.

...THEN...

Clamp down!


No comments:

Post a Comment